Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Allie's Disney Birthday Celebration

Last week, we went to Disney. We all had a great time! This time we stayed off property and actually really enjoyed having our own car at the parks. When we decided to drive neither of us knew how driving to the parks would go...lines to pay to park, riding the tram, and then the traffic leaving the parks. None of these things were an issue. Disney has parking down.

While going through the parks, Allie's favorite thing was seeing the characters and riding the rides. Allie had been talking about going on the Haunted Mansion since we told her we were going to Disney. She rode with Bess and Kevin. When we got off, I turned to Allie and said "How was it? Did you like it?" All she said was "I'm smiling." The look on her face told me so much more. Allie was trying to put on a brave face and didn't want to say it was scary. My best guess is that she wanted to ride it again and was afraid we wouldn't let her if she said it was scary. We did ride it a second time and Allie really liked it. She still talks about how there are "no windows and no doors," the ghost will "lower the safety bar for you," and how a ghost sat on her head. I ask her if a ghost followed her out (like they say right when you are getting off). She just looks at me and says "No Momma. The ghost are only at the Haunted Mansion." We have had no problems with Allie being scared which I was a little worried about.

Throughout all the parks we went to Allie had things she really enjoyed at each park. I have to admit. I liked going to the boneyard at Animal Kingdom. The boneyard is a place where the kids can uncover dinosaur bones. The bones are buried in really small rocks that almost felt like sand. Allie was able to run around and do her own thing and I could just sit in the shade with a fan blowing on me. There was only 1 way to leave and I sat by the exit and could see Allie the whole time. We actually skipped a show just because she was playing so well and Kevin and I were enjoying the down time.

We did have Allie asking to ride the roller coasters. The next time we go she should be tall enough to ride most of the rides which she will be excited about.

I know Allie enjoyed showing Pop and Bess all the things at Disney. They were able to come for several days and took Allie around Magic Kingdom for a day. On that day, Kevin and I just took it easy. He rode all the roller coasters and I looked around the shops and people watched which is actually pretty interesting at Disney. :)

Disney is such a great vacation especially with kids. Watching Allie in the moment and enjoying the magic is so special. Allie is already asking when we can go back. She wants to know the specific dates and to make a paper chain with the number of days until we go. Haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment