Kinda blurry but you can see the excitement in the girls. :)
Allie helping Kevin with the lights
Our tree all lit up
We like to go and get our Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. This year we went on Friday and spent the evening decorating the tree. Allie enjoyed picking out the tree. It didn't take very long to find the "perfect tree." While Allie, Leah, and I waited for Kevin to go get the car, Allie couldn't stop hugging the tree and saying "I LOVE THIS TREE!" The people coming into Lowe's couldn't help but smile.
It seems like every year something happens when we get our Christmas tree. This year we got home without any issues and Kevin finished taking the netting off. That is when Kevin realized that there was a bird's nest in the tree! Who does this type of stuff happen to??? US!!! So he starts pulling the nest out and asks me to go get the vacuum. So, I run back in and bring the vacuum outside. By the time I get back with the vacuum, Kevin has moved the tree to the bottom of the stairs. Now, we are out on the front walk and about to vacuum our tree. Haha! There were some neighbors walking by so Kevin and I just quietly waited for them to pass (hoping they wouldn't notice the tree, the vacuum, and us). Then Kevin turns on the vacuum and uses the hose to vacuum out the rest of the bird's nest. I was laughing so hard! As a joke Kevin was saying "we don't want any needles in our house." and I was saying "don't make a bare spot." I wanted to take a picture of this but I couldn't stop laughing long enough to get a shot. I did have the girls stay inside because I didn't want Allie mentioning this to everyone we see. Haha! We did get the tree inside and decorated. :)
It seems like every year something happens when we get our Christmas tree. This year we got home without any issues and Kevin finished taking the netting off. That is when Kevin realized that there was a bird's nest in the tree! Who does this type of stuff happen to??? US!!! So he starts pulling the nest out and asks me to go get the vacuum. So, I run back in and bring the vacuum outside. By the time I get back with the vacuum, Kevin has moved the tree to the bottom of the stairs. Now, we are out on the front walk and about to vacuum our tree. Haha! There were some neighbors walking by so Kevin and I just quietly waited for them to pass (hoping they wouldn't notice the tree, the vacuum, and us). Then Kevin turns on the vacuum and uses the hose to vacuum out the rest of the bird's nest. I was laughing so hard! As a joke Kevin was saying "we don't want any needles in our house." and I was saying "don't make a bare spot." I wanted to take a picture of this but I couldn't stop laughing long enough to get a shot. I did have the girls stay inside because I didn't want Allie mentioning this to everyone we see. Haha! We did get the tree inside and decorated. :)
Allie and Kevin put up the lights. Then we did a count down to light the tree. Allie had the job of turning the lights on. As soon as the lights came on, Leah's jaw dropped and she just pointed. It was pretty cute. Then it was time to put on the ornaments. While Kevin, Allie, and I put on ornaments, Leah kept walking around doing her own count down. :)
We had a good time putting up the tree and Christmas decorations around the house. Now, Allie asks me how many more days until Christmas everyday.



No comments:
Post a Comment