Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

What a couple of months!!

Kevin and I have had an exciting couple of months. Back in October, we found out that I was pregnant. We didn't want to tell anyone until I was about 10 weeks along. So, we held it in as long as we could and then decided to tell everyone the week before Thanksgiving. That explains why I haven't been posting. I have been SO sick. I have also been really tired. I'm just happy to make through the work day and then on Saturday and Sunday I have been resting and trying to get ready for the next week. Sorry I haven't had a chance to blog.

Kevin and I started painting the inside of our house. We started and then had to stop because of the baby. The inside of our house is all one color. It is a very neutral color. We decided to paint our bedroom blue. I love it. I think it really makes our room look better. I was also getting tired of the neutral walls. We were going to work our way through the house and paint most of the rooms. There has been a change of plans. We are going to paint the office next because that is going to be the nursery. Then we will slowly continue painting the rest of the house. It will be finished when it is finished. I have no plans on when it will be done.

We also had a first appointment. It was very exciting. We were able to have an ultrasound done. It was amazing to see such a small little thing moving around. The baby was moving its arms and legs and we could see them. I was so excited about getting to have an ultrasound. Other than the ultrasound, the appt was pretty uneventful. Things are going fine and seems to be progressing normally.

Now it is time for Christmas. This year Kevin and I will be staying in town. We are very blessed to have both of our families here so we get to see both families during the holidays. It is also my year to work around Christmas. At work, we alternate who has Thanksgiving and who has Christmas. It stinks that I have to work the week of Christmas but I am glad that I don't have to work Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. This year Kevin and I get to have fire going on Christmas morning. Last weekend, Kevin installed my Christmas present. My present is gas fire logs. I love them. It will be really nice to have during the winter months. It was funny while he was installing them. We had to make a run to Home Depot and go over to Kevin's grandparents. When we got back Felix was covered in soot. We had forgotten to close the fireplace. Thankfully, Felix didn't get the soot all over the carpet. He just had it on his face and front paws. It was so cute. I tired to wash it off with a wet towel but it wouldn't come off. So, Felix now has a gray stripe on his face. The rest of the soot has come off. I will try to get a picture with his gray stripe showing. He is very active and I'm not sure he will sit still long enough.

Well that is pretty much all that has been happening. I will try to post more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment