I guess around this time every year people reflect back on the previous year. I thought that I would write a post of the year of 2007. What a great year Kevin and I have had.
Last January we went to the Humane Society to get a kitten. We walked into the shelter and saw where the kittens were being held. It was a room that 3 of the walls were glass. I looked in and saw one of the kittens and pointed him out to Kevin. I said I want that one. There were 4-5 kittens in the room. I'm not sure why I wanted that one but I did. Well there was one small problem, someone else was holding him and looked like they were going to adopt him. I said Kevin that is the one I want. He said well if they decide they don't want that one then we will look at him. Kevin and I hung around looking at the other cats and waited for that family to leave the kitten room. I was so happy that they chose another cat and left the kitten I wanted. As soon as they walked out, I went in there and picked him up and told Kevin I was ready to go. He laughed and said let's look at the other ones too. We did but I was not letting my kitten get to far from me. We ended getting the original kitten I picked out from the window. We brought him home and he sat under the couch and bed for the first 2-3 hours. Eventually, I got him out and held him for the rest of the afternoon. Ever since then we have been the best of friends. He was so small when we got him. Now he is the size of an adult cat and has calmed down a lot.
Kevin and I were going be celebrating our 5th anniversary in March. We wanted to do something big but weren't sure what to do. We decided that a trip would be fun. We then started talking about places to go. Italy came up in the conversation and we said we can't do that. Then we started price checking and realized that we could do it. So, Kevin and I booked our vacation to Italy. Our trip to Italy was our 5th anniversary present to each other. However, we had to wait till May because of busy season. It worked out great because May is one of the best times to go to Italy because the crowds are smaller and weather is great. When we went to Italy neither one of us knew Italian. We had a dictionary with us for emergencies but speaking and reading Italian was not something we could do. When got off the plane in Rome, I think we were both a little nervous and really excited about what was to come. We made it just fine. We like adventures and this was an adventure. Sometimes you just have to go for it. For us, it was the best thing we have ever done. Italy was our best vacation that we have taken!! We want to go back someday.
In July, Cambri was born. It was so exciting to hear Kevin's mom's voice on the phone telling us that she had arrived and everyone was doing fine. It was at that point that Kevin and I started planning our trip to see them over Labor Day weekend. We were very excited and happy for Scott and Laressa with their baby girl. On Labor Day weekend, Kevin and I flew down to see everyone in Abilene. It was so much fun getting to hold Cambri and getting to know her better. We also enjoyed staying at Aunt Bev and Uncle Ronnie's home. It is always fun to spend time with family. This was a quick trip. We were only gone for 3 days but loved every minute.
Summer was a big time for engagements for our families. Julia and Stephen have a very sweet and thoughtful engagement story. We are so happy for Julia and Stephen. We happened to be eating with Kevin's parents when they got the call from Julia. It was so exciting. We had no idea that Stephen was proposing that day. Jermey and Kara also got engaged. Everyone is so excited and happy for them too.
October was a exciting month for Kevin and me. This was the month that we found out I was pregnant. When we found out, we were so excited and wanted to call everyone and tell them. Kevin and I decided that we would wait till around Thanksgiving to tell everyone. We wanted me to get further along in the pregnancy before spreading the good news. I usually go over to my parents every Tuesday night for dinner when Kevin is working or out of town. I had to go into hiding for the next 4-5 weeks because I knew my mom would figure it out if she saw me too much. I just kept making excuses as to why I couldn't come over. During that time, Kevin and I talked about the baby but just between us. Finally, I told Kevin that I couldn't hold it in any longer. He was bursting at the seams too. So, we decided that we would tell our parents on Monday (we decided this 2 days before). On Monday night, we hurried home and ate dinner. During dinner, we discussed what our excuses would be for going over to our parents houses on a Monday night. Telling our parents in person and watching their expressions was so much fun.
Thanksgiving was a great time. Thanksgiving day was a blessing for the Miller family because not only did Jermey come but his fiance Kara came too. We loved meeting her and I know that her and Jermey will be happy together. The week after Thanksgiving was great for the McCormac family. Scott, Laressa, and Cambri came to Nashville for the week. It was great getting to see them again. Cambri had grown and changed a lot since Labor Day.
The Christmas holidays are always fun. This year Becca was graduating from Lipscomb University. Mom and Dad were recognized for sending 7 kids through Lipscomb from 1st grade through the university. It was nice to see them get recognized. After graduation was a good time for the Miller family to have Christmas since most of us were in town. We try to have a Christmas for the out of town people and then the in town people get together on Christmas day and celebrate. We had a great time both days. The McCormac family got together on Christmas day. It was nice getting to see them on the holiday. It was also nice to be able rest and relax together.
The Lord has blessed us this year with too many blessings to count. May 2008 bring you all that you hope it will.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment