On Sunday it started snowing and after several hours, we had about 1 inch of snow, so we decided to bundle up and go sledding. Allie LOVED it!! She went down the hill by herself several times but still liked going down the hill with either me or Kevin.
Then overnight it kept snowing. We got another 1-2 inches: this is 2-3 inches total. Once again we bundled up and went outside this time to build a snowman. As soon as we got in the backyard, Allie picked up some snow and shouted SNOWBALL FIGHT!!! and threw some snow at Kevin and me. We laughed and a snowball fight was started. It didn't last too long because the snow was really powdery and not good for snowballs. Then we built a snowman...well, I say we but it was really Kevin while Allie and I ran around in the snow. What a good Daddy! Allie did help put the scarf, eyes, nose, and buttons on the snowman.
After building the snowman, Kevin was ready to go inside; and Allie and I were going to go sledding again. We have the perfect hill about 3-4 blocks away so rather than walk Allie and I drove to the hill. Allie loves sledding! When we got there, Allie and I went down together a couple of times and then she said "I want to go by myself." I said ok and sent her down the hill. Since she went down on the sled, I was standing at the top of the hill without one. I had to "ski" down on my tennis shoes and grab the sled and help her back up the hill. She couldn't make it up the hill by herself because it was really slippery and steep and she definitely couldn't bring the sled back up. There were a couple of other families there too. Allie saw another girl go down hill on her stomach. She said, "Momma, I want to do that!" I said "ok, it is a little scary but really fun and fast." So, she went down the hill on her stomach and got up smiling and saying that was so much fun. One of the times Allie was going down, the front of her sled scraped a fence and almost caused her to flip. Thankfully, she didn't flip and was just fine. We had been there about 1 hour and both of us were starting to get cold and tired so we went home. The first thing she told Kevin when we got home was "Daddy, I was going really fast and almost flipped!" She really is a daredevil!



Snowman has seen better days.
ReplyDelete