Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pensacola, FL

Pensacola Beach

Over Spring Break we were invited to go camping with 3 other families from church. We left very early on Sat and stayed through Tues. This was the first time camping for the girls and they loved it! All 4 of us slept in a tent on a queen size mattress (although Kevin jokes that it was a full. Haha!) During the first night, I think Allie was the only one who slept very much. If a blanket touched her, Allie would start kicking and waving her arms wildly. I eventually slept at the foot of the bed that first night. After that Allie was moved to the foot of the bed where she could have as much or as little cover as she wanted. :) We all slept so much better after that. 

We went to the beach everyday for several hours. The weather was fine. The water was chilly but Allie didn't seem to mind. Leah didn't want to get in except on the last day when the sun started coming out. However, Leah did love playing in the sand (not being covered but just digging)! Allie played in the water everyday. She would ask to change when her lips were blue and she was shivering. :) Of course, we would change into some dry clothes and then she would play in the sand. All the kids had a great time!

The last morning we were there Allie asked Jess (the mom who set it all up) if we could please come back with them the next time. That is the sign of a good time...asking to come back before you even leave. 

 All the kids on our camping trip
Leah, Allie, Will, Luke, Tyler, and Conner
(As you can tell, Leah really didn't like being covered)
 Allie and Kevin's sandcastle/village 
(the dinosaur is the king)
 Another view of the castle/village

Visiting the Naval Air Museum

On our last full day, we went to the beach and then went to the Naval Air Museum. This is where the Blue Angels practice. We didn't get to see their practice while we were there. The museum had a lot of full size planes in the museum. There were also several cockpits to try out. 

As we were pulling into the museum, Kevin said "Look girls a plane!" There was a huge plane in front of the museum. Allie said "Ok. Look Daddy a trolley!!" Then both girls starting chanting "Trolley! Trolley! Trolley!" I started laughing and Kevin just shook his head. Haha!

Once we got inside the museum, the girls had fun climbing in and out of the cockpits. They also really liked the playground which had 3 levels and lots of buttons to push, wheels to turn, and lookouts. 

We stayed at the museum until it closed and then headed back to the campground. While we were waiting for dinner to be ready the Blue Angels did fly over twice. It was really cool! The fly over got Allie and Will really excited and they started running around flying their Blue Angel planes they bought at the gift shop. 

 Kevin and Allie in a Blue Angel cockpit
 Kevin and Leah turning the big gun at the museum
Our girls in front of the Blue Angel cockpit

Our trip was so much fun! We all had a great time and plan on going again next year.

From the Mouth of Babes:

-Allie has been saying "awwww" in a whiny voice about everything. Leah has also started to pick up on it. Well, this drives me crazy so I banned that word from our house. I told Allie "No one can say awwww again or they are in time out." 5 mins later...Allie said "What if Mrs. Hammond (her teacher) asks what sound a o makes?" I said "Ok if Mrs. Hammond ask you then it is fine. Just don't say awwww" (I demonstrated the whiny voice). 20-30 mins later....awww almost comes out of Allie's mouth but she stops herself. I remind her of the banned word. Allie says "What if I see a sweet puppy? Can I say awwwww then?"

1 comment:

  1. awwww I meant ooooo,
    Where is the picture of the trolley car? :-)

    Nice sandcastle Allie!

    Nice blog page Melinda! (Nice pictures Kevin!)

    ReplyDelete