Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 03, 2010

My 1/2 Marathon Training

Lots of people have been asking how my training is going. I thought I would give a quick update. I am feeling pretty confident in my running. My long run for the past several weeks has been 10 miles. During the week, I go Tues and Thurs for 4 miles. On Monday, I run 2 miles pushing Allie in her stroller. However, today I planned on going for 12 miles. I left early Sat morning and after about 6 miles it really started to rain. Thankfully, I was only 0.5 miles from home so I ran home and stuck my Ipod and sensor in the mailbox and kept going. I had about 5.5 miles left with no music or pedometer (my Ipod has one). So, I just had to run and guess when 5.5 miles we done. It was a tough last half of my run but I finished it. I realized how much I depended on my music especially when going up hills. I am not sure exactly how far I went but my best guess is 11-12 miles. I have been working really hard and am excited about the race in 3 weeks. I know I will do great. I will finish and I won't be needing the medical stations at the end. :)

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!!! You'll finish with flying colors! love, Bess

    ReplyDelete