Kevin and I had our 8th anniversary on March 15. This past Saturday, we celebrated. Kevin surprised me with a trip to Fall Creek Falls. Friday night, I was talking to Kevin about having to do a long run on Saturday (10 miles...1 1/2 hrs) and how I was thinking about going early morning before Allie woke up. He suggested that I go ahead and go early but he would get up with Allie. So, I got up and left for the run around 7am. Little did I know, Kevin was planning something. While I was gone, he got up and packed our suitcase and the car. I got home from the run feeling great. We all got cleaned up and Kevin suggested McDonald's breakfast. I was excited because I love McDonald's breakfast. I thought he was going to go get it and bring the food home to eat so I started Allie's oatmeal. While we were letting the oatmeal cool, Allie and I were reading books. Kevin came and sat down and started working on the computer. I looked over and said, "I thought you were going to get breakfast" (remember I had just ran 10 miles and was pretty hungry). He said I thought we could all go together. I said "ok, let me run upstairs and put a little makeup on and brush my teeth." When I got upstairs our toiletry bags were on the floor and then when I got in the bathroom it looked completely empty. I was confused but then I got really excited and knew we were going somewhere but still not really sure what is going on. Kevin said,"you caught me. We are going out of town till tomorrow but I am not going to tell you where. " I said forget the oatmeal Allie is eating McDonald's and we left. He eventually told me when we got close. I was so happy and excited!
We had the best time seeing the falls. Allie just absolutely LOVE the waterfalls. I thought she might be scared because it was loud and high. She wasn't at all. There was a suspension bridge over the creek leading up to one of the falls and she wanted to go on it really bad. We took her and Kevin was bouncing scaring me but Allie was laughing and hopping too (Kevin was really holding her wrist tight). She is our little daredevil. I went and stood and watched from the solid ground waving. Then it was lunch and the playground. After that we went to the Fall Creek Falls. It had a good amount of water going over it. Kevin and I decided we would hike to the bottom carrying Allie. I carried her down and Kevin carried her up. I got the better part of the deal. :) We all enjoyed seeing the waterfall from the bottom and feeling the mist; however, it was cool and windy. After making it back up to the top, I was really surprise how I wasn't hurting or stiff after my long run that morning. Then we decided it was time to go to the inn where we were staying and check in. We had a nice room with a balcony over looking the lake. Allie enjoyed watching the few people boating and we even saw a couple of ducks.
After dinner, it was time for Allie to go to bed. It is always an experience putting Allie to bed in a hotel room since at home she sleeps in her own room and we don't put her to sleep by rocking her. You just have to laugh in the hotel room. We did our little routine the best we could and Kevin said he would put her to sleep. So, we turn out the lights and tell her to go to sleep. Kevin and I are just lying there in the complete dark...not moving a muscle and barely even breathing :) because if she sees/hears us she will start talking to us and wanting to play. After a while, Allie is just talking and talking about anything and everything. We are trying not to laugh. Then we hear Mommy Mommy Mommy for about a minute...next comes Melinda Melinda Melinda (it sounds more like Minda). I guess Allie thought that since Mommy isn't working she should try Melinda. Kevin and I both had to work our hardest not to laugh out loud. I had to bury my face in the pillow because I was laughing so hard. Kevin just whispers keep it together!! We have been trying to convince her that she is extra special so she gets to call us Mommy and Daddy and not Melinda and Kevin. Most of the time she calls us Mommy/Momma and Daddy but when she really wants our attention Allie will say Melinda or Kevin.
Allie made us laugh most of the weekend with her talking, singing, and actions. She is just so funny. There are no pictures because we forgot our camera. We had a great time!
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment