At 3 years old Allie weighed 26 lbs and 6 ozs which is in the 10%. Her height was 35 3/4 inches which is in the 25%. She is petite. Her growth curve is fine but she is just small. However, I will add that over the past couple of months Allie has been growing. She has quickly outgrown some of her clothes. I have had to do some shopping for Allie. This came at the perfect time...season change. We are able to buy fall clothes for her.
Here is what life with Allie is like:
Sleeping: Allie sleeps well at night and hardly ever wakes me in the middle of the night. Bedtime is around 8pm. Then she is up at around 7-7:30am. Allie doesn't nap at all. We do reading time everyday. She has to stay in her room for about 1 hr and read, lay down, play with stuffed animals, work puzzles, etc... (basically be calm and quiet). This has been going great.
Favorite Foods: blueberries, strawberries, ice cream, popcorn, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, french fries, corn on the cob, chicken pot pie, and anything from McDonald's
Disliked Foods: sweet potatoes, spicy foods (like salsa),
Favorite Things to Do: Going to preschool, waving bye to Daddy, coloring/drawing, playing with other kids (mall playground, park, or the zoo), going on trips, playing pretend, dancing, singing, and riding in the Mustang
Favorite Toys: Lincoln Logs, piano, pretend camera, princesses, her kitchen, and dolls
Favorite Shows or Movies: Little Einsteins, Curious George, and anything princess (doesn't have to Disney)
Things She Wants to Do But Isn't Old Enough: Drive Mommy's car, stay home alone, and go to concerts. She is always wanting to talk about these things. Haha
Chores: Yes, over the past year Allie has been given some chores. She makes her bed every morning, puts her toys away in the evening, and lays out her clothes for the next day. I just started having her put her clean clothes away. The first time she took the pile and put it all in 1 drawer. Haha. I then had to show her that she needs to put the clothes where they belong so we can find them later.
Allie is recognizing all her letters and words like car, zoo, on, off, her name, Mommy, and Daddy. Allie talks a lot!!! She talks clearly and has a solution to every problem. :) As we are driving down the road she will ask us what the names of cars are and what road signs say. I'm not very good at the cars but Kevin is.
She is always paying attention. If we are going somewhere and I take a different route, she will tell me that we aren't going to right way. I then explain that this is a different way and she is ok with that. There have been a couple of times when I missed the drive and had to turn around. I then hear a sweet voice from the back say "Momma, are we lost? Call Daddy."
Allie has lots of energy and loves to run, jump, climb, and play. We play hide and seek, red light green light, chase, and hopscotch (inside or outside). There are days that I need to drink lots of caffeine to keep up with her probably because I have been up the night before with Leah. Haha.
Since having Leah, Allie has been a great big sister. She will run and get me the pacifier, blankets, burp clothes, or whatever I need. Allie loves to pick out Leah's outfit for the day. She also loves to talk to Leah. Those 2 have a bond and it is so sweet to see them interact. Leah will just watch Allie playing and sometimes when Allie walks up to her she starts smiling and getting excited. When Leah is crying, Allie calls for me or tries to give her the pacifier and I hear Allie saying "It's ok; Allie's here."
Allie is such a good girl and we couldn't ask for anything more. She is growing so fast!



An accurate description of a sweet young lady!
ReplyDeleteI see some similarities with her mom :-)
Pop enjoys the Lincoln Logs and just watching her play.