Saturday, June 10, 2006
I've got an abstract!!!!
I wanted to tell everyone. I'm second author on an abstract for respiratory viruses and enhancing the dectection through a special machine called the Nanogen. I'm also first author on another abstract about detecting bacteria in the blood. Being first or second author is really exciting for someone with my experience. I've only been a tech for a year and already have 2 abstracts. Abstracts work like this. My medical director (he is over the MID Lab and he is a MD) tells me what project he wants to work on. He also gives me a procedure. I do the procedure, log the results in a spreadsheet, and then he analyzes the results and writes the abstract. I get to be first or second author because of the work I put into the project which is A LOT!! I don't know if they will be published but they have been submitted for me to present at a conference in Orlando in November. My medical director seems to feel pretty confident that they will be accepted and I will be going to present them in a poster session. I'm really excited about this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



CONGRATULATIONS!
ReplyDeleteYou go girl!
ReplyDeleteI'm proud of you!