Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 04, 2007

Rome, Italy May 16

Swiss Alps
Scene from the Spanish Steps
Trevi Fountain
Michaelanglo's Moses




Kevin and I went to Italy for 10 days and had a great time. Our flight was very long. It was about 8 hours from Chicago. We tried to sleep on the plane. Kevin got a lot more sleep then I did. I just couldn't get comfortable or maybe I was too excited. I watched movies and just relaxed most of the trip. We flew over the Swiss Alps and it was amazing to see them and the mountains still had snow on them.


We arrived in Rome around 8:10am. I took us a while to get our passport stamped and make it over to the hotel. We stayed at the Airport Rome Hilton hotel. It was walking distance from the airport. That was very nice. When we got to the hotel, we checked in and they had a room ready for us within 15 mins. After the room was ready, we went and got ready for the day. I was so excited about our room because we had bathrobes and slippers. It was so funny when Kevin got in the shower he yelled out what is this string for. I told him don't pull it because it was the emergency cord. He said oops I think I pulled it. I just laughed and waited for someone to come check on us. I don't think he pulled it hard enough because no one came.


After cleaning up, we went into Rome on the hotel shuttle bus. The first day we went to the Spanish steps. This was a fun place to hang out and people watch (something I really like to do). There was a beautiful view from the top of the steps. Also, around the Spanish Steps there were a lot of high end stores. It was fun walking by and window shopping. At the top of the Steps there was a church nad inside was Michaelanglo's Moses. It was amazing to think that one man made this sculpture. At the Spanish Steps there were a lot of street vendors. There were several vendors that were selling roses. They kept sneaking up on me and putting a rose in my hand from behind and then turn to Kevin and ask for money. I would hand them back and say no. I finally was walking around with a clinched fist so no one could sneak up on me.


After seeing the Steps we went to a small cafe and had gelato (ice cream) and just enjoyed the afternoon. We made our way over to the Trevi Fountain. It was so beautiful that we went back on our last day to see it at night. After seeing the fountain, we were getting really tired and decided to go back to the hotel and eat dinner there and try to go to bed early. We got on the shuttle bus and we both fell asleep within 10 mins. We had a 30-45 mins drive. The funny part is we were on the 7:00pm bus. It got to be a joke between Kevin and me. When there was people on the bus fast asleep, we would smile and say they must have just gotten here this morning because that was us on our first day.


The first day there was definately an experience. We ordered food ok but I ordered something and what came out of the kitchen was not what I thought it would be. I'm still not sure what I ate. This happened several times over the 10 days that we were there. We would just laugh and then eat whatever it was. The food was very good and it didn't matter to us.

















No comments:

Post a Comment