So, it is official. I am running the Country Music 1/2 Marathon on April 24. This will be a HUGE accomplishment for me since I don't consider myself a runner. I just like to exercise and I thought I would go for it. I have been training since November and am now really serious about the 1/2 marathon because I have signed up. I do not have any special equiptment, training plan, or coach. It is just me, my running shoes, Ipod, and Nike+. I won't be finishing first or winning any special prizes but my main goal is to finish looking strong and of course good.
Today, I ran 8 miles which is the most I have run (over half way there). It was hard but I got through it and am feeling really good about the race. With some training, I will be able to run the 13.1 miles. I would not be able to do this without the encouragement from Kevin and Allie. Kevin helps me not only by watching Allie while I go on my long runs on Saturdays but also just by believing that I can do it. Allie is used for resistance training. On weekdays, I run a couple of miles pushing her in the jogging stroller. Now, that is hard!! So, the 1/2 marathon is a once in a lifetime event but I am excited and nervous about the race.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment