Allie counting to 10.
On Friday morning the snow started falling here in Nashville. By Friday afternoon there was enough to build a snowman...probably around 2-3 inches. Thanks to Bess and Pop we were ready with our snowman kit. The kit had everything we needed except the arms and snow! Allie was so excited about getting to build a snowman; however, she didn't want to touch the snow at all. I was piling up the snow and trying to get her to pat the snow together to build the snowman. She just kept saying no and stood there holding the carrot nose and coal eyes. She also kept saying "More Mommy!" She was wanting me to get more snow to make the snowman taller. I was laughing the whole time. Allie had a hard time leaving the snowman outside when it was time to go in. I had to explain to her that the snowman had to stay outside and we would go out tomorrow to see him.
It continued to snow/sleet all Friday night. When we woke up on Saturday there was about 2-3 inches of snow and ice. So, we all bundled up and headed back outside. The ground was covered in what looked like snow but there was a layer of ice on top. When we were walking around, Allie wasn't leaving any footprints because she is too light to break through the ice. When she did break through she really didn't like it because it made her fall. Our snowman from Friday afternoon was partly covered with snow and ice. When we first got outside and Allie saw the snowman, she started running and saying Hi! I was going to try and build another snowman or make the current one taller but the snow was too icy and it just wouldn't have worked. We didn't measure how much snow we got but I would guess around a total of 4-5 inches.
Kevin and I took Allie sledding again in our neighbor's yard. When we got to the top of the hill, Allie started saying no over and over. She really didn't want to go down on our laps so we didn't make her. She just helped give us a push to go down the hill and then cheered for us. Allie did go down once with me and Kevin but that was it. She just wanted to watch.
The video is of Allie counting to 10. Today was the first time I heard her count all the way to 10. You do have to turn your volume up because she isn't talking real loud. Also, she leaves out 5 but who needs 5 anyways. Haha!!! She may leave out 5 but I think she is doing really well. I also think it is funny in the video how Felix is keeping his distance.



No comments:
Post a Comment