Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Leah chewing on everything even her gym


Life has been pretty normal around here. We have been enjoying the spring like weather and playing outside a lot (either in our yard or at the zoo).

Allie's school has been having some special days. She had a pj day last week for Dr. Seuss' birthday. Now, this week is spirit week so there is a different theme everyday. It is fun for Allie to get to dress up every now and then.

We have been working with Leah on eating solids. She is getting better. I have figured out that if she is tired there is no need to even try solids. She will fuss the whole time. We have tired several different types of foods and have found that carrots and green beans are her favorites. Favorites means she will take several bites before she is done. Applesauce and rice cereal is her least favorite. After 1 bite she will close her mouth so tight. We will eventually get her to eat solids.

Leah puts everything in her mouth. If she can reach it, she will try to chew on it. I decided to put some green beans that have been cut on her tray while we were eating dinner. Her doctor suggested giving her small bites of soft food for her to feed herself since she really doesn't want baby food. During dinner she put 1-3 bites in her mouth. The rest of the green beans she just squished in her fingers. Once I thought about it, I started laughing. Leah puts everything in her mouth except food! Haha!!

From the Mouth of Babes:

-Allie loves chicken pot pie! Actually, we all really like chicken pot pie. She really likes the way it taste; but she also likes to have "pie" for dinner. I will tell her we are having pie for dinner and she gets really excited. We had chicken pot pie last week. Allie came into the dining room and looked at her plate and asked what we were having. I said chicken pot pie. She started singing "we are having a chicken pot pie party!"

-At Children's Bible Hour or Bible class (Allie couldn't remember which one), they will ask the kids for prayer request. Allie's prayer request was for my garden. I don't really have a green thumb but I wouldn't say my garden needs prayers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment