Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Few Pictures of Our Girls:

I had forgotten that I took these pictures of the girls back in October. After school one day, we went to the Ellington Agriculture Center to hike a little. Allie had a pajama day (that is why she is wearing her pjs). I thought I would share them. 





Hanging Around the House:

The girls are starting to play together more and more. I love hearing the giggling, laughing, and playing. They get along really well!  

Allie and Leah coloring and sharing some popcorn. Leah LOVES popcorn!!! If you just mention the word popcorn, she starts dancing and chanting POPCORN! POPCORN! I'm going to try and get it on video.



Stephen and Julia (Kevin's sister and brother-in-law) had a papasan chair and they didn't need it anymore. So, they gave it to us for the girls. It is so nice to have a place to sit and read in Allie's room. Both girls really like the chair for reading. 

We have moved some toys to the girls' rooms so they can play in their room a little. I had Leah play in her room while I was taking a shower. It was really quiet. I went to check on her and this is what I found. She had fallen asleep. :)


Here the girls are playing with Play Doh. Allie got a new cake station and it is a lot of fun.

From the Mouths of Babes:

Allie:
-Kevin and Allie were going outside to play with a small airplane that Allie gave Kevin for Christmas. It had a rubber band that would shoot it. Kevin was reading the instructions and it said "don't shoot at people or animals." Allie: "What about hyenas?"

-One morning Allie was wearing a black uniform sweater for school. After breakfast I saw several white spots on it and asked her what that was. She said she didn't know. Then she paused for a couple of minutes and said "Don't worry about it. The stain is Lipscomb colors and matches my uniform." Turns out it was a little spilled milk and no big deal.

-"The next time we are going to have an accident. Let's just go a different way."

-"Mommy don't wreck this car because then we won't have a car." This was before we bought Kevin's new car.

-A couple of weeks ago, Allie wanted to set her alarm and get up on her own. We did it for a few days and then she stopped wanting the alarm. Tonight I asked Allie if she wanted to set her alarm for the morning and she said "No Mama, you are so much sweeter saying Good Morning, Allie. My alarm doesn't say that."
     -Kevin says he agrees. :)

Leah:

-Sometimes when I tell Leah to clean up, she looks at me with a stare that looks like she doesn't understand English.

- While cleaning up Leah was walking around with her hand on her face like she was resting and too tired to clean. Right before clean up time, she was running around playing.

-Leah likes to put her winter hat on over her face and pretend that she is a ghost. She also likes me to pretend like I can't find her when the hat is over her face.

-At church a family came in late and sat down in front of us. Leah gave them all air high fives (we do this at home). However, they had no idea they were getting high fives for coming to church.

-At dinner Leah likes to blow on her fork full of food to help cool it off. Tonight she forgot to blow on the food BEFORE she puts it in her mouth. Food went everywhere and then she looked at me confused.

1 comment:

  1. We enjoy all the pictures and stories. Thank you! Allie's alarm story, however, is especially touching. We hoping that treasure of treasure will be tucked into your heart forever! Bess & Pop

    ReplyDelete