Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 03, 2013

Christmas Eve

Last year we started a tradition of having a nice dinner on Christmas Eve. We do appetizer, entree, and dessert. The girls and I spend the day cooking and then enjoy the dinner that night. We started with the cake and both girls were a big help. While we were cooking, I gave Leah a spoon to stir the batter. Instead of stirring, she took a big spoonful of flour. Haha! I helped her drink some water and said we will lick the batters at the end. 

Once the cake was in the oven, the we all loved licking the beaters and finishing out the bowl. The cake cooled and then it was time to ice the cake. Leah loved spreading the icing all over the cake. She didn't try and eat too much of the icing. :) Allie worked on the icing too. She did the sides and the sprinkles. I was so proud of them. Leah was done helping after the cake but Allie continued to cook with me. It was fun for us to spend the day cooking together!

Our Christmas Eve Dinner Menu:
Parmesan Crusted Crab Cakes-appetizer
Pork Chops-entree
Salad
Yeast Rolls
Carrots
Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Icing-dessert

 
 All ready to start cooking
 Cooking all together
Leah had taken the big spoonful of flour 
right before the picture. :)
 Stirring together
 Licking the cake batter from the beaters
The finished cake

Every year after dinner, Kevin reads Twas the Night Before Christmas. Then it is bedtime. Amazingly, both girls were asleep within 10 mins! 
Reading Twas the Night Before Christmas

That night the girls slept just fine all night. Kevin and I were the ones checking the clock to see if it was time to get up and open presents! We were really excited to see the girls opening their gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment