Kevin and I decided that we needed to start a Christmas tradition for our family. We have traditions that were passed down from our parents but we needed one for us. So, we thought having a nice Christmas Eve dinner and a quiet evening at home would be good. I also decided that we would take a family picture on Christmas Eve.
This year we ate our Christmas Eve dinner and then just played until bedtime. It took Allie a long time to get to sleep. At one point she told me that I needed to get to bed so Santa could come (he only comes when you are sleeping). Allie finally fell asleep around 10pm.
Kevin and I kept waking up during the night wondering if it was time to open presents yet...not Allie. Haha! We were both pretty excited about Christmas!










Mommy and Allie so excited about Santa coming
Allie and Leah on Christmas Eve
McCormac Family Christmas Eve
Christmas Morning!!!
On Christmas Kevin and I set an alarm so we could be sure to have time to open the presents, play a little, eat breakfast, and still make it to church on time. We weren't sure if Allie would be in our room bright and early or not. It turns out she didn't wake up early. We woke her up around 7am and told her it was Christmas morning! She started smiling and then quickly got up and we headed downstairs.
Santa came!!!! Allie was so excited! She ran to her stocking and started opening it. Then Kevin and I took turns opening our stockings too. Next came the presents. Allie was able to look at the tags and then hand out the presents. It took us about 20-30 mins to open all our presents and then we were able to play play play! Allie got a digital camera from Santa. She took lots of pictures and did several videos of us that morning. Leah got a little bumblebee toy from Santa. It makes sound and lights up with the slightest touch so it is perfect for her. She laid on the floor touching it and kicking it and the sound just came going off. I'm glad Leah loved it.
After playing a while we ate breakfast and then got ready for church. Allie wore her new watch and her new stick on earrings. She was showing everyone.
Later that afternoon we all went over to my parents house for the Miller Christmas. What a party! Leah didn't really get a good afternoon nap because of all the activities that day but she was so good. She just sat and watched everyone and everything going on. Allie also helped hand out the gifts there too. Pa directed and Allie and Sydney handed out the gifts. We had a great time and were all pretty tired by the end of the day.
Leah playing with her bumblebee before church
All ready for church
Leah watching Allie opening her gifts
Checking out her new bumblebee
Me and my girls
Allie gave me some new pajamas for Christmas
Allie with her new digital camera
There is a blog that I follow and at the end of her post she puts some funny saying from her kids. I think this is a fun idea so I am going to start doing that too. I'm going to start writing it down so I can remember more when I'm writing my posts.
-Allie was spending the night at Grandma and Pa's house on New Year's Eve. When we dropped Allie off we also dropped off Leah and then went out to eat and see a movie. When Kevin and I came to pick Leah up, Allie saw me walk in and the first thing she said was "Why are you here?"
-Leah was crying/fussing and smiling all at the same time. I said "Leah, I'm confused are you upset or not?" She then started cooing and smiling.
-Allie was playing by herself and I heard her say to her imaginary friends "I'm the Mommy. Don't talk back to me!" and "I get 3 (pens) because I'm an adult."
-Allie: "I love sharing Leah's toys." That is so generous of her. Sharing her toys is another story.



Sooooo Sweeeeet!
ReplyDeleteWe almost feel like we were there!
Thanks for the good description of the great times you are having with your great family.
Love,
Pop and Bess