Allie was pouting and
ended up falling asleep. :)
Playing Pretty Princess together
Leah is even wearing the ear rings.
Playing in Allie's castle
The girls are both growing so much. Allie hit another growth spurt this past December. Her growth spurts have not been at the best time lately. She had a big growth spurt in August when Leah was born and then she had another one right at the holidays. Funny how that happens but thankfully we were able to take advantage of the Christmas clothing sales. I measured Allie really quick one morning and she has grown about 1"-1 1/2" since this summer. Allie likes me to measure her a lot because she wants to be tall enough to ride the roller coasters at Disney the next time we go. I have explained to her that it is going to be a while before we go back. She told me she knows but she still likes talking about it because Disney is fun.
Leah has also been growing fast. She is quickly growing out of her 3-6 month clothes and into her 6-9 month clothes. I just open the next box of clothes that I have saved from when Allie was a baby. :) I weighed Leah the other day and she is up to 16 lbs. That means she has put on 1 1/2 lbs in a month.
Allie is back in school and is having lots of fun. I was able to be the mystery reader this past Thursday. Allie was so surprised when she saw me and she came running up and jumped in my lap. It was so sweet! She also insisted that she sit on my lap the whole time even though she couldn't see any pictures. In a couple of weeks Bess will be the reader and then later in April Kevin will be the reader. She will be so excited!!
Leah is still waking up at night and sadly I'm getting use to the lack of sleep. I have started trying to just swaddle her again and then seeing if she goes back to sleep. Sometimes she does but then she wakes up again in about an hour. Also, Leah has started taking short naps (45 mins-1 hr) twice a day. At least that is what she did last couple of weeks, who knows what tomorrow may bring. :) I tell Leah she wears me out and she just smiles and gives me a kiss!!! Haha!
One day last week Leah was sitting and playing with her toys and the toys ended up a little to the side of her. She kept reaching for the toys but only reached right in front of her (where I normally put the toys). She started getting frustrated but just kept reaching to the same spot. I said "Leah, turn a little and reach for the toys." I was letting her try and figure it out. She ended up getting upset and started crying still reaching in the same spot over and over again. So, I put the toys right in front of her where she would grab one when she reached again. After she grab the toy she stopped crying and was ready to keep playing. Leah is a funny girl and I love getting to watch her grow and change.
As you can tell not much is going on. We are all happy and healthy besides some coughing/runny noses but that isn't too bad (no fevers or medicine needed).
Now time for funny sayings:
-On Kevin's birthday Allie asked "Is Daddy going to be 14 or 15?" I said "Daddy is going to be 31." Her response "Whoa that is a lot!"
-I asked Allie who was in our family. She said "Leah, me, Mommy, and Daddy." Then she explained why she did that order. "Leah is the smallest. I'm a little bigger. Mommy you are medium sized and Daddy is large."
-Allie loves to make up songs here is one of the latest.
To the tune of "Oh my Darling, Oh my Darling, Oh my Darling, Clementine"
"Don't throw tantrums. Don't throw tantrums. Don't throw tantrums. That isn't good."



No comments:
Post a Comment